Right before my world turned a into a mini-version of the perfect storm and lots of things started happening at once and I felt like something had to give and that something was this blog, an honor was bestowed upon me by a fellow blogger.
The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize “new” bloggers and help others discover their writing. I’ve read different rules: you should choose a blogger with less than 200 followers or less than 3000, so my choices fall somewhere in that range. I also realized that I don’t explore and discover new writers as much as I should, so I am making that a new goal. You also need to answer questions and then pose questions to your own nominees…somewhere between 9-11. We aren’t a rigid bunch.
This honor was given to me by Better Not Broken whose honest writing appeals to me on so many levels. These were the questions she asked me along with my answers:
- Who do you write for? I write for myself, first and foremost, as a way of keeping my creative juices flowing and also as catharsis. Being a single mom can be lonely and the blog gives me a place to share the ups and downs of parenthood with the world since I don’t have a partner with whom I can talk all these things over. If I reach other parents, single or otherwise, or non-parents who find some truth and comfort and humor in my writing then that is the icing on the cake.
- What has been the most positive result of your blogging? I’ve received wonderful feedback which has really kept my writing momentum going, as well as stumbling on many amazing bloggers whose writing has influenced and improved my own.
- Have there been any unintended consequences of your blog efforts? I have offended a few people, which is never my intention. I’ve also had people question whether or not I ought to be writing about things that are “private” and that has made me doubt myself and second guess my own intentions and that is never a good thing.
- If you had one wish that would be granted for the world what would it be? That everyone could feel loved and accepted for who they are. I think that would be the beginning of world peace.
- What is the best thing about you? My heart
- Who was the most influential person in your life? This is a difficult question to answer in absolute terms. Different people have influenced me greatly at different times in my life.
- What have you learned from your experience blogging? You can’t please everyone and writing on a schedule will occasionally produce very crappy results.
- If you could invite ten famous people dead or alive, and could expand the guest list for the sake of politeness, who would you invite? Another tough one: Jesus, Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, Elvis, Maya Angelou, Walt Whitman, Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin, Billie Holiday, Mary Magdalene, Johnny Cash, Joan of Arc, Anne Frank.
- What is your favorite genre to read? Historical fiction.
I would like to recognize these other young blogs I follow which lend me insight, spiritual fodder, relate-able parenting experiences, and a good laugh.
My questions would be:
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What is your go-to place for inspiration?
3. How did you decide on a title for your blog?
4. Are you a morning person, night owl or somewhere in between?
5. If you could travel any place in the world right now, where would it be?
6. If you could choose a super power what would it be?
7. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
8. What is the best compliment you ever received?
9. Which five words would you use to define yourself?
10. Who are your favorite authors?
11. If you could choose to visit any place/person in history, where would you go and why?